The whole certification is one class. HLTH 1242 Laughter Yoga Instructor Training (credit) or CEHW 0242 Laughter Yoga Instructor Training (non-credit)
To register for credit please go to www.slcc.edu
To register for non-credit please call 801-957-5200
Laughter Yoga Leaders are trained (by LY Teachers) to run Laughter Yoga Clubs and sessions for individuals and groups.
Laughter Yoga Teachers are trained (by Master Trainers or Dr. Kataria himself) to do everything LY Leaders. They are also authorized to train and certify Laughter Yoga Leaders.
Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders run free Laughter Yoga social clubs in over 60 countries worldwide. Many Laughter Yoga Leaders lead sessions and workshops for the general public. They can also be hired (or volunteer) to work in the business world, hospitals, prisons, with seniors, children and more.
Laughter Yoga can be value added to the following professionals:
- Those who want to start Social Laughter Clubs
- Those who want to start Laughter Yoga sessions in schools, prisons, orphanages, blind schools, physically mentally challenged organizations, cancer centers, etc.
- Recreation activity facilitators, alternative therapist and healers
- Yoga fitness trainers and sports coaches
- Occupational therapists and health care professionals
- Psychologists and psychotherapists
- Nurses, social workers
- Health care workers
- Professional speakers
- HR and management training professionals
- School teachers
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Entertainment professionals, actors and singers, clowns and comedians
- Senior care workers
- Marriage and family therapists
- Life coaches and alternative therapists
- Sales managers
- Tourism professionals & tour guides
- And finally, anyone who wants to add laughter and joy to their life
During the course, you will:
- Learn how to lead a group of people through Stimulated Laughter Yoga Techniques developed by Dr Kataria, and skills of converting stimulated laughter into real infectious and spontaneous laughter without using jokes, comedy or humor
- Be given an opportunity to lead Laughter Sessions during practice sessions during practicum
- Learn a powerful technique of real and deeper "Laughter Meditation," where one does not have to make any effort to laugh, and the laughter flows out of the person like a fountain. This is a very profound experience, and the student will feel the laughter coming out of his or her heart and soul, without using a single joke
- Watch many video presentations on Laughter Clubs and Laughter Yoga in public parks
- Learn how to personally do laughter yoga
- Gain communication, leadership, and organization skills
- Learn how to start a laughter club
- Create a core group
Next Class Opportunity:
Fall Semester (August 23 - December 7, 2017) - Registration opens in April 2017
Fridays 1:30 - 4:20 pm
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
Credit and non-credit classes are held on the same day and time.
Credit: $507.25 Tuition and Fees
Non-Credit: $408.50 Tuition
Registration is open 801-957-5200
This course is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.